Assoc User Experience DirJob ID 440656BR
Location Glendale, California, United States
Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts
Category Technology and Information Services
Date posted 03/31/2017
Reporting to the User Experience Director, the Associate User Experience (UX) Director is responsible for leading the design of outstanding digital products and experiences including integration of digital experiences in the physical environment with internal and external creative resources. This role is responsible for leading and growing a highly talented team of Interaction Designers with a practical, making/doing mindset. This role works hand in hand with the Associate Design Director as two halves of the team leading vision and overseeing experience design for assigned tracks of work from concept to delivery.
The Associate UX Director will be expected to co-lead creative pitches, present work to executive level stakeholders, develop designs, provide design direction and represent the design process at all stages of an engagement. This role builds strategic relationships and represents the UXDesign team across different teams and disciplines. The Associate UX Director brings the business strategy to life through Guest centric solutions in interaction design while also providing scoping, resourcing and estimation of projects accurately and efficiently.
ResponsibilitiesThe Associate UX Director is a highly successful problem solver that is organized, detailed, and extremely collaborative. They must also be performing at the top of their game - passionate, positive and capable of making incredibly complex things simple for our Guests in a fast paced environment.
- Contributes to setting the standard for the Interaction Design practice within DPRD, creates clear role expectations and leverages industry standards to move the practice forward within Disney
- Partners with the Associate Design Director to drive the design of brilliant digital experiences.
- Manages internal Cast members as well as external resources
- Coaches the Interaction Design team on delivering high quality work on time and under budget while developing important skills such as collaboration, presentation, strategy, facilitation and leadership
- Creates – and directs the creation of – journey maps, navigation flows, prototypes, wireframes and interactions that are Guest centric
- Manages resourcing for projects such that it aligns with business needs as well as growth goals for individuals
- Advocate for re-use of existing design platform and Interaction Style Guide
- Leverages metrics, optimization, qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- Attracts, recruits and retains a strong, diverse talent pool
- Contributes to and carries out the vision for the group
- Integrates design efforts across multiple business units
- Thinks holistically about the entire brand and guest experience, not just projects or individual capabilities
- Is a thought and industry leader who inspires others by their work and represents Disney at UX & Interaction Design conferences
Basic QualificationsThe candidate should have 10+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture or User Experience positions and 5+ years’ experience in management working for significant brands in-house or on the agency side…but ideally both.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proven success designing world class branded digital experiences across traditional and emerging channels.
- Proven success managing and coaching talented UX teams
- Proven success designing world class mobile experiences (both native app – iOS and Android, and responsive/adaptive designs in browser)
- Phenomenal ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics
Mastery of UX Design Principles and Interaction deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns and annotated comps
- Solid understanding of web and mobile (native) technologies.
- Working experience with complex prototyping for micro-interactions using tools such as Framer.js, InVision, Axure, Adobe suite, AfterEffects etc.
- Experience dealing effectively with non-creative decision makers
- Experience in the travel/hospitality industry would be a plus but is not essential
- Experience with premium brands
- Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
- Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs or samples that reflect work
- Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules
- Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups via compelling presentations and demos)
I wonder just how many applicants have tried to be hired to do this job over the last 74 days.