Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Good Morning

I really like collaborative writing. I was working on a document I didn't author and asked the document's owner - my co-worker - about her preference. Spoiler: it came down to a choice between two right answers - I just wanted consistency.

Me
Which do you prefer:
a) Run the following command in the SUP namespace in SUP (csession SUP –U SUP)
b) In the SUP namespace in SUP (csession SUP  -U SUP), run the following command

Co-worker
either are fine. They both give the same info.
Or is it either is fine?

Me
Either is. I had to look it up -
|
"Either is" refers to a choice between two single items; "Either are" refers to a choice between two groups of items. "Shall I put an apple or a pear in your lunchbox?" could be answered by "Either is fine." "Shall I put cherries or plums in your lunchbox?" could be answered by "Either are fine."
|
from https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140630004821AAnxWG5

I prefer b). When I find instances of "a)", I will change them to be "b)".

Co-worker
Sounds good! thanks for the either syntax.


No comments: