Thursday, June 15, 2017

Not 2013 Anymore

In 2013, if you had told Alex that Skillet was playing a concert in Burlington tonight, he would have desperately tried to convince me to take him. It's 2017, though, and he had no interest in going.


Time changes interests of the young (Alex).

Speaking of concerts, on Saturday, Theory of a Deadman is playing in Dubuque, IA. I hadn't noticed they had a new album called "Cold Water" until today.
I am 3 months, 3 weeks, 1 day away from my 20 year anniversary as a writer at the dailyvault.com website but it has been 6 months, 2 weeks, 3 days since my last review was published.
Time changes interests of the old (me).

I haven't been a member of a band for 2 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, though I've been trying. Thinking about that and not being able to state the day on which I last played the Yamaha drums in the den makes me question if I'm holding onto a dream that is never going to happen. Even if something materialized today, with our summer & then fall schedule, I don't know when I would fit in rehearsals and gigs. In fact, I don't even know when I would be able to say I am going to be at Saint Thomas More to play drums. It may be 2018 before I sit down behind the kit in the church!

Okay, I need to focus on something else. This has turned into a negative avenue of thought.

No comments: