Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Getting Poli on It

I wonder what our nation would be like without some common bond. It used to be "We are Americans" - especially after the terrorist attack on 9/11/2001, but now? Today? I'm not sure. Each video below is about a divisive issue in American culture:
a culture in which 'winning' is shamed, a culture in which babies are murdered, a culture in which political party politics override common sense.

The way I see our nation is that we are in turmoil. I don't think tweeting at 3 AM is the best thing our President of the United States could be doing - and I'll say it again: someone needs to change his Twitter account password and not tell him what it is! I also see our nation as divided and forgetful of the time in our culture when it truly was "Americans United." I hope that it is possible to find that common unity... but without the terrorist attack!




No comments: