Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Powerful Testimony about Shinedown

I've likely included this video elsewhere, but I'm embedding it again due to the fact that it provides context for a powerful testimony about Shinedown and, at a much broader level, about how powerful music can be in someone's life. So, here's the video:


And here's the very moving testimony, verbatim, from the comments of the above video, from ooKILLFASToo:

I am a soldier in the United States Army and I found myself struggling with depression and some other personal issues. I was granted permission by my command team that I could go home on leave this Christmas, 2018. I had some struggles while I was there and the day I was leaving my uncle told Alexa to play Shinedown radio. I will never forget those words. This song came on after a few songs before it had played. When I heard this song I instantly feel in love with it. This songs is what I need everyday in my life. People don't need therapists and groups for help. They need someone to give them a nudge and let them know that they can do it. Life is hard, the best year of my life was when I moved to Massachusetts to live with my Aunt and Uncle and finish out my last year of high school. I ended up running cross country and never ran before. I actually found out that I was really good at it. When I graduated I did not know how much I loved it until the thoughts a creped in. I love my old team but when I got to that low point heard this song it motivated me. I am now going to start working on my degree in history and I am going to go to teach for a high school AP history class after my last 4 year contract which is this one, I will also be try to become a cross country coach. This song helped me and I praise the band for it.


Setlist:
00:00 Intro
00:38 Sound of Madness
04:40 Diamond Eys [Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom]
12:10 Cut the Cord
16:40 I'll Follow You
21:15 Bully
26:25 GET UP
35:52 Enemies
39:50 Unity
46:00 State Of My Head
50:10 Second Chance
55:53 Simple Man
1:06:25 DEVIL

No comments: