- no blind links will be included on this page - I will use the title of the article so the decision can be made whether to click the link or not. If it looks interesting, click it.
- no dates of publication will be included on this page and, thus, chronological order is not implied.
- hover over the link to identify the destination website prior to clicking it
- there is no attempt whatsoever to have an equal number of "conservative" links and "liberal" links. While I often align myself with Conservative values, there are some issues where the Conservatives have it wrong.
Tuesday, 5/2/17 - Wednesday, 5/31/2017
- After his first 100 days in office, we should fear Trump more than ever America's political, economic and ideological power is declining, so it's turning to military power to keep its world status
- 100 days of Trump, two lonely accomplishments
- A Thinking Mom’s Message for Jimmy Kimmel
- Why won’t Democrats let antiabortion progressives under their tent?
- Trump signs order aimed at allowing churches to support candidates, engage in political activity
- The directive, part of a much-anticipated executive order on religious liberties, instructs the Internal Revenue Service to relax enforcement of rules barring tax-exempt churches from participating in politics. But the sweep of the measure — unveiled on a National Day of Prayer — was significantly narrower than a February draft, which among other things included a controversial provision that could have allowed federal contractors to discriminate against LGBT employees or single mothers on the basis of faith.
- Andy Biggs, Arizona
- Mike Coffman, Colorado
- Barbara Comstock, Virginia
- Ryan Costello, Pennsylvania
- Charlie Dent, Pennsylvania
- Dan Donovan, New York
- Brian Fitzpatrick, Pennsylvania
- Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington
- Will Hurd, Texas
- Walter Jones, North Carolina
- David Joyce, Ohio
- John Katko, New York
- Leonard Lance, New Jersey
- Frank LoBiondo, New Jersey
- Thomas Massie, Kentucky
- Patrick Meehan, Pennsylvania
- Dave Reichert, Washington
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida
- Chris Smith, New Jersey
- Mike Turner, Ohio
2017_05_16_AM_0731It's really exhausting trying to keep up with all the political activity. With each new day, there is something BIG happening. I will do my best to keep up because it's an important time in our history.
- Trump defends sharing intelligence with Russian officials
- Donald Trump Says He Has The Right To Share Info With The Russians Who cares if the information is classified?
Trump tweets seem to admit he revealed classified information to Russia, contradicting White House staff statements
In a pair of tweets, President Trump tried to explain away the news that he had shared "code-word" information with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador at a White House meeting last week, a disclosure that intelligence officials warned could jeopardize a crucial intelligence source on the Islamic State. "As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining ... to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."
- That's not good for Trump...
- FLYNN TO TAKE FIFTH: Ex-national security adviser will refuse to turn over docs under subpoena Gen. Michael Flynn, President Trump’s initial national security adviser, will invoke his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination today, telling the Senate Intelligence Committee he will not comply with a subpoena seeking documents, Fox News has learned. The committee requested the documents as part of its investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. A separate investigation into the matter is being overseen by special counsel Robert Mueller, formerly the director of the FBI.
- Sometimes, the comments about an article are more insightful than the actual article. It's interesting how the Republicans have bitched and moaned about ObamaCare for 8 years but now, with the majority in Congress, the leader, McConnell, says, "I don't know how we get to 50 Senate votes to pass the repeal of ObamaCare. It's really shocking to see the GOP not know what to do with their abilities. Reading the comments offers a lot of differing opinions about it.
- Hillary Clinton didn’t pull any punches Friday when she took several jabs at President Trump – at one point even comparing him to Former President Richard Nixon - as she delivered the commencement address at her alma mater, Wellesley College.
- Speaking in Berlin a few days ago on his affinity for open borders, Obama threw out this stunning line:
- “In the eyes of God, a child on the other side of the border is no less worthy of love…than my own child.”
June 2017I really have not been able to keep up with updating this page. Today is Friday, June 9, 2017. Honestly, this page is not really interesting to me. Perhaps by the next time there is a presidential election it will be. In the meantime, here are 2 links I will leave as they seem like there will be a desire to remind myself about the current political situation in 2018.
- James Comey’s public testimony exonerates President Trump of obstruction of justice.
- Trump’s lawyer cites a questionable timeline in disputing Comey