Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seeing Hurry in Moline, IL, and Memorial Day Weekend Plans

I left Cedar Rapids on Tuesday afternoon @ 4:30. I was eating a #3, no pickles/onions, in the McDonald's in West Branch @ 5:10. I was back on the road @ 5:20. I was at the Walcott exit 20 minutes later and at my brother-in-law's house at 6. I was sitting in my seat in the iWireless Center @ 7. The show was amazing. Excellent musicianship, of course, from Hurry. I submitted my review to Dailyvault.com and will link to it from my blog when it is posted.

This holiday weekend doesn't seem like it will be much of a holiday. Megan is having a friend of hers sleepover on Friday night. On Saturday, I heard a rumor about putting down some mulch in the backyard and cleaning the garage. I am also playing @ 5:15 Mass and Karen is singing. On Sunday, we are either going to a wake in Dubuque on Sunday afternoon and spending the night in Balltown *or* we are going to a former neighbor's graduation party because Karen had told the mother of the graduate that she would help her.

Either way, on Memorial Day, we have Karen's aunt's funeral. Dorothy was a great person. She was filled by the Holy Spirit and lived as a servant of the Lord. She was my father-in-law's sister and very special in the family. She will be missed.

No comments: