Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ideal Band

I think, for me, when the kids move out in less than 10 years, that will be when I seek out an Ideal Band. I'd like to join a band that doesn't rehearse, that has a 'jam' feel to it. I envision having about 6 hours of rehearsal to go through whatever songs we're going to play and to nail down the material. I would want to work with established musicians that are non-beginners. Not necessarily a lot of band experience but just people that do their homework prior to rehearsal so there's not a lot of 'what chord is the first beat of the verse" discussions among the bass and guitar players. Setup, play, tear down.

I've even come up with a list of songs I'd like to play.
Set 1
Takin' Care of Business - BTO
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Sunshine of your Love - Cream
Paranoid / Iron Man / Sweet Leaf / Paranoid medley - Black Sabbath
Just What I needed - the Cars
Tush - ZZ Top
Purple Haze - Hendrix

Set 2
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Slow Ride - Foghat
Take it Easy - Eagles
Rock and Roll All Night - KISS
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
I've Done Everything for You - Rick Springfield
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Basket Case - Green Day
Copasetic - Local H
Enter Sandman - Metallica

Set 3
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Back in Black - AC/DC
Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
You may be right - Billy Joel
Seattle trio:
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
My Own Prison - Creed
Hey Joe - Hendrix
Limelight - Rush

Set 4
Walk - Pantera
Shout it Out Loud - KISS
Don't stand so close to me - the Police
Look what the Cat Dragged In - Poison
Girls Just want to have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
8675309 Jenny - Tommy Tutone
Living after Midnight - Judas Priest

No comments: