Sunday, August 17, 2008

80s

Okay... definitely, I consider myself a child of the 80s. It's what I grew up with. There was, of course, a lot of good music in that decade and a lot of not-so-good. I know some of it was good because the classic rock station played both "Home Sweet Home" and "I Wanna Rock" while I was at the North Liberty pool today. Both Motley Crue and Twisted Sister are artists that survived that decade and now their songs are considered "classic rock." The same station played Foghat's "Slow Ride." It was fun to be walking up to the water slide and have Alex and I both air guitaring to it. They also played "China Grove" (the Doobie Brothers) and Led Zeppelin's "Dancing Days." Anyways, the 80s were a lot of fun. Karen's brother plays in a band that plays a lot of 80s music - I know I've written about him previously on this blog - and I found the perfect shirt: http://tinyurl.com/58ovw2 but it got taken down, for whatever reason.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WON-80s&Category_Code=WON is the original link.

Apologies to my friend John to whom I sent this link prior to verifying it still existed.

No comments: