Sunday, July 5, 2009

BOMBbastic 4th of July & MJ

We were in Balltown for Breitbach's 4th of July fireworks. Know how some fireworks are boom boom BOOM BOOM BOOOOM BOOOMMMM!! where there is a definite crescendo? There was NONE of that last night. It was BOOOMMMM!! BOOOMMMM!! BOOOMMMM!! BOOOMMMM!! BOOOMMMM!! BOOOMMMM!! until it was over. We sat in my in-law's backyard and experienced the colors over our heads. It was the best fireworks display I've seen - and that includes the Disney World fireworks in Orlando.

In other world news...
Michael Jackson. Hmm... I have respect for what the man recorded. Was he a pedophile or a weirdo?

Maybe.

I don't really care. I grew up in the "Thriller" era. I know I had a 8 track of "Off the Wall" so when "Thriller" came out, I knew who the original "MJ" was. I knew where he had come from (recently) but I had no idea who the Jackson 5 were. I can only name the songs that were radio hits.

"Thriller" was a monster release. I mean, seriously, every song on that release was a single, including "The Girl is Mine," which was a duet with Paul McCartney.



This is the song that was widely mocked (Weird Al's "Eat It" video *is* hilarious) but watch the opening montage in this clip. The dude could DANCE! I can't, but I SEE good dancing when I see him dance.
Overall, I offer my sympathy to his family in their time of sorrow...


No comments: