Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

It is 12/25/2010. I am sitting in the living room of my in-law's house, using my sister-in-law's Dell PC to share my musings about the world. So many years ago, Christ was born. He was born to sacrifice himself for my sins and the sins of the world. I find it fascinating that Christ gave himself for me and my family and the people I know and the people I do not know. During the Easter season, we will hear him say (paraphrased) 'Let it be your will that is done, not mine, but if you can spare me, spare me.' Christ was human. He bled, taking the worst beating ever recorded in a couple of lines within the Bible. The dramatization of the beating in "The Last Temptation of Christ" was graphic and it made me walk out of the movie theater. It was too much. My history is that blood and guts in the movies do not agree with me. "Pet Sematary," "Braveheart," and even "Doc Hollywood" did not agree with me. There was a movie about firefighters and I almost puked after hearing my wife say, "Oh, his eye is full of blood - he's going to die." It was an amazing sight and it made me nearly sick. I felt a wave of coolness sweep over me. I digress. Christ endured all of that for me. Christ died for us all and today, his birthday, is the day on which we should all rejoice that the Savior is born for us.

No comments: