Tuesday, March 5, 2013

There's this False Truth Nagging...

I hadn't run my music count batch file for a while. When I did, I was a little dismayed by the result, which was:
50390 File(s) 315,992,011,881 bytes
 
It was 50460 File(s) 316,639,034,221 bytes on Friday, February 22, 2013. Why 70 fewer? There's a lot of duplicates in the directory and I've been trying to whittle those out of the count. I also have not been adding files because I haven't really returned to the CD conversion or the cassette conversion or even the LP conversion over the last few weeks. It's called "being busy." And it's not just the conversion projects that have suffered - I have neither played the Yamaha electronic kit at night nor got the bug to write music reviews for dailyvault.com. I have been keeping up with my personal journal writing and also the 200 Days project so it's not like I've been sitting around doing nothing.

And, really, I never expect to get anything done on a Monday night with WWE Raw. It was a good episode last night with HHH challenging Brock Lesnar at WM XXIX on April 7, 2013, as well as starting the hype for John Cena v. The Rock. The main event was a Fatal Fourway match between the Big Show, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and CM Punk for the right to face the Undertaker and end his winning streak, which is 20-0. CM Punk won.

Here's what I now think will happen. Randy Orton and Big Show were in a match on Friday night Smackdown. The Shield attacked. Sheamus ran out to fight. The Big Show got bumped into by one of the Shield members and turned around and nailed him. I'm betting that The Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus will team up to fight the Shield at WM XXIX. The next few episodes of Raw will feature the three of them talking about how they don't like or trust each other. There will be matches where 2 of the 3 of them are in a tag team match and, prior to their match together, each of them will "accidentally" get the other two with their finisher move and it will be hyped as the three of them can't get along. It's not a new storyline, per se, and it's been done before when the WWE didn't really have an individual feud for the wrestler so they got paired up. So I'm saying it now, here, on this blog, on 3/5/2013, that is what will happen. All of this hype will then lead into the match and, going out on a limb, the winner will be the Shield at WM XXIX. This is a feud that will go on for a while. It will be at least into SummerSlam (in August) before, finally, the dysfunctional team will get the win.

One thing wrong with this scenario is that it leaves Chris Jericho out of the feud. They are trying to build him up as a veteran who has fought all the great stables of the industry - the nWo, the Nexus, and even Degeneration X (I think he was in a feud with HHH at one point). I'm sure as the card shapes up for WM XXIX, there will be a way to get Jericho involved. Although, now that I write that, I think it will be Dolph Ziggler v. Chris Jericho at WMXXIX.

By April 7, 2013, all of this may be obsolete. I do hope to have my music collection back up to at least 51,000. It's going to take some self-discipline.

No comments: