Friday, February 14, 2014

This is Why

As if I would ever forget, the following graphic is "why" I did not write this week. It is a snippet of my time sheet for this week.
So, in addition to 50 hours at work, all of this was going on:
  • Monday - Alex had a basketball game.
  • Tuesday - Alex had a basketball game in Cedar Rapids & after that, I had Uncle Rico the Band rehearsal.
  • Wednesday - I had a Knights of Columbus meeting at church from 6:30 - 8. Prior to the meeting, we worked on getting the house in shape for Alex's Confirmation next weekend.
  • Thursday - I worked a little later than I wanted to and then picked up Alex at West High after basketball practice. We went to Old Chicago for a team dinner.
  • Today, actually, is my "easy" day with only 8.5 hours. Wow.
Tomorrow, Alex has to be at the bus at West High by 7:30 and his basketball game is at Cedar Rapids Kennedy at 10:30. From there, we leave for the Mount Mercy College Getaway. We are staying overnight in a hotel and catching Hairball at the National Cattle Congress Pavilion.

Sunday, we come home. I am already planning to go to bed early!

Frankly, next week isn't going to be much easier:
  • Monday - Alex has a basketball game.
  • Tuesday - Alex has his FINAL basketball game of his freshman year.
  • Wednesday - Get the house ready for Confirmation.
  • Thursday - Get the house ready for Confirmation.
  • Friday - Company arrives (Lou & Jean, Mark & Jonathan - Susie / Tyler are not coming Friday night and if they do come, it will be on Saturday afternoon sometime).
  • Saturday - Company is enjoying our hospitality! <grin>
  • Sunday - Confirmation at 11 AM Mass, followed by lunch.
And the week after? Although the rest of the nights will fill up, I know I have things that need to get done:
  • I have to play drums.
    • Somehow, some way, I need to sit down at the Yamaha electronic set to practice. The next Uncle Rico rehearsal is on 2/27, (Thursday) at 6 PM! I'm looking forward to it already. One of the things that came out of rehearsal is the need to play the songs at a specific BPM. I'm not used to that preciseness, but I think it will make me a better drummer to play with a metronome in my ear. To get to that point, I need to get used to playing at specific tempos. Last night, immediately prior to going to bed, I downloaded some metronome apps. I want to use an earphone bud while we play so the tempo is popping in my ear!
  • I have some promos to review, especially Red Tide Rising's new one - it is awesome!
  • I have to return to the reconversion. I have not touched that project this week.
    • Music_reconversion has 19890 File(s)
    • Music_shell has 21529 File(s)
There is a lot going on in my life.

No comments: