Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Music Festivals Are Gross!

Music Festivals Are Gross!

I relate to this comment in the sense that when Alex and I saw Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat at the Newton Speedway in Newton, Iowa, on Friday, June 9, 2017, we stood in the hot sun from ~1 PM until sundown. We were not up against the railing, like "Ms. T" was, but we were packed like sardines. Three songs into Metallica's set, Alex told me that he didn't feel good and so, with my son's welfare in mind, we walked out of that massive crowd back to the racetrack where it felt like we could actually breathe. I do not think I would willingly return to a situation like the one in Newton - especially during the summer - without some sort of guarantee that we'd be able to go get water or go to the bathroom and get our places back. That said, we had a good system figured out by the time we went to the Chicago Open Air concert a month later.

No comments: