Thursday, August 1, 2019

Ain't this a beauty!

I saw this kit today on the page cited below. It was "on sale" for $8,099.99, which was $647.04 less than what it normally costs. The page proclaims that I could purchase it and then spread out the payments over 36 months, interest free. That means it would only require $225 a month!

It got me thinking about the idea of purchasing it and then using whatever money I earn from playing gigs to pay it off. Since I want to only play 1 gig / month and hope to earn $100 at each gig, I'm looking at $1200 / year. That means I would earn enough money from gigs to pay it off in roughly 7 years!

Will I play in bands leading up to my 57th birthday? Who knows what the future holds for me. In any scenario, that's a lot of gigs and a lot of money. I will not base a purchase like this on the premise that I would join my Ideal Band or even multiple Ideal Bands over the next 7 years and consistently play gigs for the next 7 years. Thus, this purchase is, quite simply, NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!



I found it here https://www.kraftmusic.com/roland-td-50kvx-v-drums-6pc-electronic-drum-set-drum-essentials-bundle.html. Maybe, someday, it will be on sale for a reasonable price!

No comments: