Thursday, January 7, 2021

Paul Stanley Drunk During A KISS Interview for Unmasked 1980

Is PS an ass in this video?

Meanwhile, in other news, I am now 10 years sober. 

I went for my yearly checkup - my first in a very long time - and it was with a new doctor. As we're talking about my history, he asks if I drink alcohol. I said no, that I have been sober for 10 years. I went on to say something similar that I've said here, which is that I didn't like who I was when I drank booze. Furthermore, I said that I grew tired of hurting the people I love - and to clarify, emotionally, not physically - and that I was not the best version of who I am when I drink booze. Not only that, but I said I was never a case of beer a day or fifth of vodka a day drinker and I didn't go to AA - I had just decided to quit so that's what I did. The doctor was supportive of what I told him, adding only that it was good that I had reached the conclusions I had and done something about it.

That's how I feel - I did something about it. I have many vices in my life - too much Mountain Dew, donuts, hot dogs, pizza, breads, that are not counterbalanced by veggies and fruits. I eat a lot of things that "healthy" people don't eat. In fact, I saw online a priest I know is on a 90-day cleanse where he stays off of social media, doesn't drink caffeine -- and that's the dealbreaker for me right there -- and takes cold showers, all to re-dedicate himself to God. I know Alex's small group at St. Stephen's on the UNI campus did something similar, and I commend everyone that does that re-dedication journey. I am not doing it this year and probably will not next year.

No comments: