Tuesday, May 9, 2023

How did the 2018-19 Season Go?

I wrote this post on Thursday, 9/20/2018, with 1 month, 2 weeks, and 1 day (45 days) until the 2018-2019 season begins. There's a lot of anticipation in light of the previous disappointing season. The reason for this post is to revisit this article, published 5 years ago today:

Can Iowa Reverse Its Recent Tailspin With Fran McCaffery? 14 comments Can the Hawkeyes get back on track after two rough years? By Thomas Beindit@tbeindit May 9, 2018, 9:43am CDT

How brave do I feel? Well, I predict the following 10 things:
  1. Every player mentioned in the above article is likely to have graduated and to have moved on to the next phase in their lives and, to them, I hope they are doing well
  2. Coach Fran McCaffery will still be the Iowa men's basketball coach. The only way that prediction is true is if Coach has led the team over the 4 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 5 days (1692 days) since I wrote these words.
  3. I work at the University of Iowa as a Senior Technical Writer - it will be my 2598th day (7 years, 1 month, 1 week, 4 days) in HCIS (though it could be called something different 5 years from now).
  4. I am not using RoboHelp 2015 to do my work
  5. Spit Out the Bone is regarded as a requirement on the Metallica setlist.
  6. https://hcis.healthcare.uiowa.edu/ exists and is used daily. There is a Knowledge Repository.
  7. I still adore Anthony Raneri?
  8. Brett Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, despite https://freebeacon.com/blog/brett-kavanaugh-found-guilty-proven-innocent , which includes this gem:
  9. No, like really, I still adore AR! Five years ago, there were 125,501 views for this video.
  10. This was not my most recent Metallica concert:

No comments: