Thursday, August 17, 2023

What to Do in St Louis?

As I click Publish, there are 77 days until my trip to St. Louis with Matthew to see Metallica. We are leaving on Thursday, 11-02, and will return home on Monday, 11-6. I recently found out that there's a great local band playing at Pop's in Sauget, IL, on Saturday, 11-4. I've never been to Pop's in Sauget, IL, but I know there are a lot of bands that I would like to see in concert that play there. For example, if I lived in the Saint Louis area, I would likely attend all three of these concerts:

However, I won't be going to any of them because I can't justify the 10+ hours in the car (roundtrip) to see any of those bands. Of the 5 bands listed, I've seen "The Devil Wears Prada" in concert. I also can say that Devildriver played at Chicago Open Air 2017. I could have seen them playing from a distance, but I have no specific memory of that. I remember Alex and I went to Mass on Sunday morning, but I don't recall what time we arrived at the concert. Here is the lineup from that day:

Sunday (July 16) LIneup:


Monster Energy Main Stage

  • 8:25PM Ozzy Osbourne
  • 6:25PM Stone Sour
  • 5:05PM Lamb of God
  • 3:40PM Amon Amarth
  • 2:30PM Hellyeah
  • 1:30PM Demon Hunter
  • 12:30PM DED
  • Blackcraft Stage

  • 7:20PM Slayer
  • 4:35PM Behemoth
  • 3:10PM Kyng
  • 2:00PM DevilDriver
  • 1:00PM Norma Jean
  • 12:05PM Whores
  • 11:15AM Aversed
Source: 2017 Chicago Open Air Set Times Revealed

All of that is nice to reflect upon as I think about going to see New Lingo at Pop's in Sauget, IL. This is a map from our hotel to the venus - a short 8 minute drive:

And this is what the band sounds like.

And here's some more tunes by the band.

No comments: