Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Missed a Day

I missed Neil Peart's birthday. It's not like he would notice I didn't send him a card. Came across this link, though, and thought it was blog-worthy. http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2008/09/happy-birthday-neil-peart.html

In other news, tragedy has struck near us. First, our friend's sister was found dead after an apparent suicide. I was told that her ex-husband found her dead on their wedding anniversary. Second, our friend's father passed away after fighting cancer. Third, I wrote about my next door neighbor being pregnant. She suffered a miscarriage. That happened a couple of weeks ago but by including it in with the more recent tragedies, it qualifies in the rule of 3 bad things happening. Right? RIGHT??!?

In other news, I heard on KRNA that Avenged Sevenfold, Buck Cherry, Shinedown, and Saving Abel are playing in Waterloo on Saturday, November 15th (info here: http://www.rock108.com/page.php?page_id=10345) and yes, these are the same bands I saw a week ago tonight and that I wrote about here: http://www.dailyvault.com/article.php5?id=153

Tonight, I finished mowing the neighbor's yard so I can turn in my invoice (maybe my last) for the month of September.

Also, a while back, Rush played the Colbert show. I had never watched the show - I know, where have I been - and, for my friend JR, I found this:

Editor's Note - the video in question was removed from youtube.com


Check out the groove @ 1:11. Phenomenal!

Editor's Note - the video in question was removed from youtube.com,


And that's about enough silliness for today.

No comments: