Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pay Attention!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed with every thing? I am down in the den and it's a pit. The kids have stuff all over, I have CDs all over and it's like, do I even want to start cleaning it up? The main part of the basement is even worse - the kids have crap all over. I hate it when my wife comes down here b/c there's never a good result out of that. We just spent about a 1/2 hour trying to find my daughter's black purse that my mother-in-law wants to borrow when they go to Hawaii on Tuesday. Of course, we can't find it. My daughter's closet is a pit - new clothes in the same plastic bag as school papers - and my son's isn't much better. They have a toy box that had socks and underwear stuffed behind it and we didn't even bother to open it up. You go in their bathroom and there's wet wash cloths in a ball, the wet bath mat is on the tile and clothes and underwear and socks every where else. The trash can in there is overflowing b/c they argue about whose turn it is to empty it, there's dirty clothes in their baskets b/c they don't bring them down and then, this is the fun part, the one outfit that my wife is convinced my daughter needs to wear? Crumpled @ the bottom of the laundry basket, of course. My wife bought three new plastic toothbrush holders and, of course, no one can find those either. It's like "ENOUGH!"

I wish I could remember more things - like where I last saw that purse we were looking for or the toothbrush holders - but the last time I saw either, I didn't retain it. I didn't think it would be important to remember so I purged it and replaced it with something else - anything else, actually. Now I wish I would have paid attention to what was in front of me.






No comments: