Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back in the Groove

  1. What a week. I got hit with a cold around Tuesday and avoided this PC at night. I am still not healed - my chest is tight and I still cough - but I do feel better. I have not had to take my DayQuil to feel okay so I guess that's good - I kind of like not having to be drugged up to be functional.
  2. The week at work was crazy. I took 4 hours of vacation yesterday and, judging by the e-mails that flowed to my Inbox, I wouldn't have been bored yesterday afternoon. We are getting ready to send out the next Mass Release and because of some changes we made, there are a lot of loose ends to clean up to make sure we make the release seamless for the clients.
  3. I did have a thought about my increasing CD collection. The way my collection is now, when I add a CD by a band that starts with "A," I have to shift the CDs in my collection down one to make room for it. At work, we order CD-Rs in 100 packs for distribution of our releases to our clients. We use white envelopes - instead of jewel cases - and end up with empty 100 pack spindles. My (cool) manager has said that I could use those spindles if I had a use for them. Right now, there are 4 spindles. I could take 400 CDs from my rack and put them on the spindles. Then I would have more room. The only things to consider are that
    • I need someplace to put the cases and inlays for the CDs I put on the spindle
    • I need some way to not forget what CD is on what spindle
    I can fix issue 2 with an up-to-date CD list. I don't know how I can store the inlays and CD booklets where I can know where they are. In essence, I already have this type of scenario with the existing CD-Rs I already have on spindles. The only difference to overcome is what to do with the booklets, etc. I can find a plastic Rubbermaid to put that stuff in, I guess, and use some sort of filing system to keep things organized.
  4. On to music news. I am not going to Moline, IL, tonight to see Metallica. I am going to purchase the show on http://www.livemetallica.com, like I would have anyways, but, as a side note, I don't really have to purchase *that* show. Someone I was talking to said that I could just pick any show and I apologize, I don't remember if it was Dave, Phil, or Kevin that made that comment to me. So, yeah, I'm going to purchase a show and call it done. In hindsight, I kind of want to know if I would have had better luck seeing them in Des Moines, IA, and talking to Lars Ulrich than in Moline. I never considered going to Des Moines on a Sunday night. It wouldn't have been easy to work into my schedule but I suppose for a free Metallica ticket, I could have found a way.
  5. In the meantime, I'm looking ahead to a week from today. Tentatively, I'm going to Waterloo to see Saving Abel, Shinedown, Buck Cherry, and Avenge Sevenfold with my friend JR. I have to put the finishing touches on that 'deal' before I call it sealed.

No comments: