Thursday, September 3, 2009

Adios

I am not going to be online for a few days. I am leaving from work in Cedar Rapids to Elkader for our last camping trip of 2009. We will be joined by my in-laws, who have a permanent spot, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (and their two sons), and, as of now, my sister-in-law and her son and daughter, who live in Chicagoland. Thus, I will not be online until Monday night.

Before I sign off for the next few days, I have to tell you about my trip to the eye doctor. Due to some terrible customer service, I needed to return Alex's glasses to the eye doctor, who has an office @ Old Capitol Mall in downtown Iowa City. The office closes at 7. I left my house at 6:15-ish. I made it to the Old Capitol Mall parking garage @ 6:43. The policy is that if you are there under 10 minutes, your parking is free. So I was in a rush to do my business and get out. [Side note: the doctor's office gave me cash (!!) instead of crediting the credit card so I have $. :>)] I was in my truck at 6:51 and, luckily, it took less than 2 minutes to drive to the cashier, who had big tattoos on her arms. "No charge," she told me and off I went. I was home by 7:15.

So, that was the early part of my night.

Later, the truck was loaded for camping and I made it downstairs to work on work stuff for a hour.

No comments: