Sunday, December 13, 2009

Master of Puppets.... Really?

Megan and I were in the den earlier today. The den is in a state of chaos. When I've been in the den the last two weeks, I've either been working or checking important stuff like Facebook. The CDs I've been listening to have been accumulating in a stack.

Somehow, the case for Metallica's "Master of Puppets" ended up on the kids' PC's desk.

"Master of Puppets? Really?" she asks.

So I start singing (from memory)




End of passion play
Crumbling away
I'm your source of self-destruction
Pain monopoly
Brink of misery
Life is getting nearer

Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master! Master!

Master of puppets
Pulling your strings
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
Blinded by me you can't see a thing
Just call my name because I'll hear you scream

Master
Master
Just call my name
Because I'll hear you scream

Needlework the way
Never you betray
life of death becoming clearer
pain monopoly ritual misery
chop your breakfast on a mirror



It was here that Megan said, "What?"

I had previously discussed cocaine with her and how dumb people snorted it up their nose to get high. Instead of rehashing that, I started singing "Creeping Death":


Heed to his every word, live in fear


Megan says, "New song?"
"Yep." Pretty soon after that, we had to go upstairs to do something.


No comments: