Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waiting

I'm at a point in life where it seems like I know how to juggle and throw several things up in the air. I have irons in multiple fires, like I wrote about last time, that I am still partially waiting for a result.There are also things that I have going on that I do not want to write about. Let's just say that I want my actions to prove myself, not words.

We went to the Regina Fall Fun Fest last night and worked in the garage sale. I found a bunch of MAD Magazines . . . and purchased 3 for $1.50. I bought them because I owned them way back when. I do not really remember what prompted me to throw them out. I wish I never would have done that. We also picked up a bike for Alex for his birthday present. It was marked as $100 and we got it for $50. It's a Giant brand and, per one of our RAGBRAI riding friends, a very good bike.

After that, we got home and started watching "Titanic." That movie... I don't care how awful some people think it is, but the sheer special effects of all the people drowning, the boat cracking, the steam pipe thing falling on people, the boat tipping back... good job James Cameron for having the vision to create that movie. Now, I know that me saying "good job" is never going to ring in Cameron's ears... but I'll say it anyway.

Today is the first Iowa game. That is from 11-2. We are going to 5:15 Mass and I will play drums. Tomorrow, we need to clear out the camper because on Monday, we are taking the camper to Davenport for some warranty work. Then, on 10/2, the PSU v. IA game, we are picking it up in Davenport and taking it to storage up by Dubuque.

Before picking it up, I think every weekend is full. We have the Brewers v. Cubs game in Milwaukee, WI, we have a CEW Leadership conference, a walk in Dubuque, a tailgate party at church... I don't have my calendar handy but I know there's a lot going on.

October is just as busy, with the aforementioned camper pick up and PSU game. The following weekend is a party here for our friend Debbie; the following weekend is Karen's jewelry party (and hopefully hanging cabinets in the storage room with my bro-in-law and fath-in-law; the following weekend is Alex's birthday; then it's Halloween.

And on and on.

Life is good. Throw in a few other things that I haven't mentioned and wow... we are going to be busy.

No comments: