Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pause

It's 9 AM on a Saturday. I am in Cedar Falls. We are visiting my in-laws. We played four games of Euchre last night and the score is tied so we will play the rubber today.

Not a lot is really new with me. Our lives kick into overdrive this week with Megan starting driver's ed. Baseball will be starting soon for Alex. The lawn will (hopefully) start to need attention (hopefully because I am okay with spring arriving) and eventually, the summer will arrive. Even though it is only mid-March, I am hoping that the snow blower will not see anymore action this month.

I looked at my brother-in-law's "Guitar World" magazine. There is a list of the "Top 100 Metallica songs" in the issue I found in his bathroom. The top ten are as follows:
Creeping Death
Master of Puppets
Seek and Destroy
Ride the Lightening
One
Battery
The Four Horsemen
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
All Nightmare Long
Fade to Black
This is from a guitar player's perspective, apparently. I would have picked "Enter Sandman" as one of their best riffs. If not "Sandman", "Sad but True" would have made my list. The 'bottom' of the list is the following:
Loverman
Cyanide
Tuesday’s Gone
Damage Case
Broken Beat and Scarred
Until It Sleeps
The Outlaw Torn
Suicide & Redemption
Wasting My Hate
2 x 4
Turn the Page
I don't believe that the three "Death Magnetic" songs "Cyanide" or "Broken Beat and Scarred" or "Suicide & Redemption" belong here. I would have pushed a couple of the covers on "Garage Inc" lower to the bottom 10 and kept the "Death Magnetic" tracks in the top 90. I wouldn't have put any original songs by the band in the bottom 10. I agree with the bottom 3 - they are not my favorites by any stretch of my mind.

My next project is going to be to create a Windows Media Player playlist.

I got Carl Palmer's DVD this week. This is a video that is on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9fkAGwJcM

No comments: