Sunday, November 6, 2011

23

The magic number, it would appear, is 23. That is the number of songs that Jim (guitar), Keith (bass), Len (guitar), and I (drums) ran through last night in my basement. These are also the musicians that I regularly play with at 5:15 Mass. Last night, we played at Mass a nearly perfect warmup including "On Eagle's Wings" and "Sing of the Lord's Goodness" (that awesome 5/4 tune that sounds a lot like Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"). After Mass, we set up our instruments in my basement. I am not going to say each of the following 23 songs sounded perfect - they did not, a fact no one would dispute that listened to us playing. So these are the songs we went through with varying degrees of success.
  1. All My Lovin'
  2. Let It Be
  3. Norwegian Wood
  4. Can't You See She's Mine
  5. Patience
  6. Mighty Mississippi
  7. Summer of 69
  8. Field of Gold
  9. Hey Jude
  10. Love Me Tender
  11. Nowhere Man
  12. Stand by Me
  13. Every Breath You Take
  14. Dust in the Wind
  15. Maggie May
  16. Imagine
  17. I Get Around
  18. Walk Don't Run
  19. It was a Very Good Year
  20. Sweeter than Wine
  21. Lay Down Sally
  22. Runnin' Down a Dream
  23. Wake Up Little Susie

No comments: