Monday, December 12, 2011

A Day Off? Really?

This is not a complaint, but I do not really like shopping. The whole materialistic attitude of the world is sickening. The deals you run into at the store are always encouraging you to spend more. If you spend this amount, you get this, but for $10 more, you get THAT, and THAT is much better.Yes, we ended up with THAT instead of this, which will make people I know happy.

On Friday, 12/9/11, I went with Chris and Phil to Waterloo to see Rains, Hatebreed, Sevendust, All That Remains, and Five Finger Death Punch. It was a good show. I got home at 2 AM and at 8:30 AM, I was on the road to Lynch in Mount Vernon, which was perfect because while I waited for the F-150 to have its oil changed and the tires rotated, I had about 1 hour to write my concert review. I wrote it longhand, which means that it will be edited heavily when transcribing it into the PC.That's the way I usually work. My rough draft, when handwritten, gets plenty of editing when I am typing it into the PC, which is good. I was reading where the "problem" with computers is that writers think their first draft is their final draft. I don't really have that issue. I do edit a lot. Sometimes, as recently as last week, a review started out with one paragraph as the lead-in, but it was published as the conclusion. It's strange.

Tomorrow, I return to work. My co-worker was in India since Thanksgiving Day and returned to work today, but I, my co-worker, and manager all were off work today. I am anxious to hear about the trip tomorrow.

Other than that, my weekend went way too fast.

No comments: