Friday, June 15, 2018

Good for Washington!

Growing up, Cedar Rapids Washington (CRW) was a rival high school in the southeast quarter of Cedar Rapids. The southeast quarter of Cedar Rapids is unique because it is where you can go down Bever Avenue and transition from expensive housing to cheap and (sometimes) run-down housing. As I think I've mentioned, I was a swimmer during each of my 4 years in high school and the CRW boy's swim team was dominant. Like, really dominant! I know none of the 4 teams I was on won against CRW at a dual meet and I suspect their dominance has continued. Some of the guys on the CRW boy's swim team were good guys - nice, friendly, personable - while others thought their shit had no odor for one reason or another.

All that said, I am happy to read that, at long last, Cedar Rapids Washington softball is victorious [as the] Warriors split with Dubuque Senior to snap a 55-game skid. I hope it is the first of many victories this season.

Editor's Note: Both "Washington High School" and "softball" are labels that were added thanks to this post.

No comments: