Monday, June 18, 2018

S Me

While the subject of the email I received tries to sell this sync tool as a way to "sync large files with friends and family," I see potential in using it as a way to store a backup of my music files. This is important because I have one of my PCs unplugged at home, which BackBlaze is not pleased about:

Backblaze has been unable to backup one of your hard drives for more than 21 days. Please connect any disconnected hard drives now to avoid data deletion from your backup on the computer named: W7_YYYY_MM_DD

Why is this important? Backblaze backs up your data, and data on additional hard drives looks like data on your computer. If you remove a hard drive it looks like that data has been deleted. Backblaze keeps data for 30 days after it gets removed from your computers, and this is true for additional hard drives that are unplugged too. If you'd like to learn more about how Backblaze interacts with multiple hard drives, please read our External Drive FAQ.

In order to ensure that your hard drive's data continues being backed up, please:
• Connect all hard drives
• Turn on your computer and connect it to the internet
• Make sure Backblaze is running
• Leave it running for at least a few hours.

Sigh.

I just really need to bite the bullet & purchase a second 8 TB external hard drive from Best Buy for ~$175 and be done. I've stewed about going down during my lunch hour for a couple of weeks now and I just need to do it. I figure I can actually store ~7 TB on a 8 TB external hard drive and for my 'main' external hard drives, I have



No comments: