Friday, June 15, 2018

How is your marriage doing?

This was in an email I received from David Robbins, FamilyLife CEO, and I thought it was worth capturing on my blog:

Just like every car needs an oil change every few months, we need a gut check or a tune-up in our marriages.

So, how is your marriage doing?

It's not always easy to take a hard look at where your marriage needs work, but asking the tough questions can actually bring you closer to your spouse.

Reading this, you may be thinking, "Oh, I can DEFINITELY tell you where my spouse needs fixing..." But I'd like to encourage you to take a look at your own heart as well.

To help you evaluate your marriage and how well you're pursuing unity with your spouse, we've put together a short quiz called How Well Are You Communicating With Your Spouse?

This quiz will help you see how you communicate with your spouse and offer some suggestions and resources to improve your communication and overall health of your marriage.

I'd love for you to take advantage of this free resource to assess how you are communicating with your spouse.

You can take the quiz at this link.

I hope the results of this quiz offer an opportunity for you and your spouse to have a conversation about where you can improve your relationship. Unity in your marriage is so important, and we want to help you have intentional conversations that draw you closer together - no matter how far you may have drifted away from it.

I am so grateful for you, and I am encouraged by your desire to build a healthy marriage. Please know that FamilyLife is committed to helping you in any way we can. I pray that your marriage will be strengthened through this resource, so it clearly reflects Jesus to those around you.

No comments: