Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Today

This post is about what a Championship Game Should NOT Be and the connection between the University of Iowa and Clemson in the Clemson English Department.

To begin, I watched Clemson defeat Alabama in the College Football Playoff national championship. Someone in our house asked, "Where is Clemson?" As I sat on the couch, I used my cell phone to perform a quick search using Google. I learned Clemson is located in South Carolina. While on the Clemson website, I decided to look up information about their English department. I found their Faculty and Staff and identified connections to Iowa!
  1. Professor and Chair Susanna Ashton has a tie to Iowa: Ph.D. English, University of Iowa
  2. Associate Professor Nic Brown has his M.F.A., University of Iowa Writers' Workshop, Fiction
To read more about Clemson's English department, go here.

But back to the actual game, I can't say it was much of a game. Clemson routed No. 1 Alabama 44-16. "It was the Crimson Tide’s biggest loss under its legendary coach Nick Saban," per Fox News.


Additional information about the game and Clemson's English department:
  1. Look at the muscles on the arms of the quarterback! That's impressive!
  2. There was a typo on the English department's page.

No comments: