Thursday, February 23, 2023

My COVID-19 Wake-Up Alarm

I've noticed that COVID-19 isn't in the news a lot. Occasionally, I'll see an article that discusses abstract topics such as How COVID-19 Changes the Heart—Even After the Virus Is Gone or when Michael Knowles talks about a new COVID-19 medicine, as he did in the lead story of episode 1188 with the tagline Pfizer sells a COVID drug with lots of unpleasant side effects in the video description.

All I can say is that I have a co-worker who wasn't at his cubicle for two weeks. Yesterday, I saw him at his cubicle so I went to him and said, "I noticed that you were gone. Sometimes when I'm gone and I come back, I wonder if anyone noticed that I was gone so I am just letting you know that I noticed." I've known this co-worker for decades. We both worked together at Quintrex Data Systems in Cedar Rapids for several years before we both eventually left. My point is when I found out that my co-worker was gone for two weeks due to his recent battle with COVID-19, it was a wake-up call, a reminder that COVID-19 is still a "thing" in the world. 

Be careful out there.

No comments: