Thursday, February 23, 2023

No Words Yesterday

Yesterday was a crazy day. 

I came to work @ 5 AM and dialed in to a meeting at 8 AM, which was over around 8:30 AM. After the meeting, I packed up my laptop. The screenshot below shows what the weather was supposed to be like at 9:30 and what isn't shown is that after 9:30, the green (rain) was forecasted* to overtake the blue dot, which is where I was. I went back home and set up my laptop basement in the den**. 


So, yes, I worked from home yesterday.

I prefer coming in the building. I am in the building now. Not at home.

Editor's Notes:

  1. *From the 1st paragraph, I noticed that in this world, where "Latinx" is considered a word for some unknown reason, another word I wanted to use "forecasted" apparently is not a word. Blogger helpfully indicated that during the writing process of this post:
  2. **Writing style question: "in the basement in the den" or "in the den in the basement" - write about locations from generic (basement) to specific (den) - as would be done during the day as a Technical Writer with 28 years, 13 days of on-the-job experience when providing navigation in a user guide to the user regarding how to navigate to a screen in a system (Go to Menu 1 > Menu 2 > Option on Menu) or from specific (den). The opposite would be written "Go to Option by going to Menu 1 > Menu 2." I would never write the "opposite" text so the answer is to drill down. "Went to my house > to the basement > to the den."

No comments: