Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Chicago (Used to be) My Kind of Town

In the spring of 1992, as I was nearing graduation from college, I had the idea that living in "Chicago" would be paradise. Did I want to live in the northern suburbs, such as Waukegan or Mundelein? Did I want to live downtown? I really didn't know. I simply knew the following:
  1. There were a lot of bands in the area - which meant (to me) I could find a band to play drums in - which as of this moment in time, there are 26 "drummer wanted" ads on Craigslist: https://chicago.craigslist.org/search/ccc?query=drummer%20wanted#search=1~list~0~0
  2. There were a lot of concerts in the area - which is still true today, per this article - 10 Bands Coming Through Chicago in 2023 That Will Spark Your Nostalgia.
  3. There were a lot more technical writer jobs in the area - which as of this moment in time, there are 38 openings when I used Google to search for "indeed jobs chicago il technical writer jobs" - this is the URL that came up in my search: indeed jobs chicago il technical writer jobs

No comments: