Saturday, January 9, 2010

Damn Dog

This is true.

My dog D.D. (my dad named her Damn Dog) was put to sleep 15 years ago. She was a white toy poodle. My brother and I found her one day shortly before my sophomore year of high school, tied her up, and gave her cold hot dogs. She stayed around for the next 9 years.

She slept about 20 hours a day. She had her food prepared for her. She could eat whenever she wanted 24/7/365. Her meals were provided at no cost to her. She visited the doctor, once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arose. For this she paid nothing, and nothing was required of her.

She always sat in the front seat of the car. If she whined, she was given what she wanted, no questions asked. She lived in a nice neighborhood in a house that was much larger than she needed, but she was not required to do any upkeep. If she made a mess, someone else cleaned it up. She liked the living room in which no one was allowed to walk.

She was not punished for her bad choices. She had her choice of luxurious places to sleep. She received these accommodations absolutely free. She was living like a queen, and had absolutely no expenses whatsoever. Others who went out and earned a living every day picked up all of her costs.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head. Holy Sh*t, my dog was a DEMOCRAT!

2 comments:

Raphaela Valente Souza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raphaela Valente Souza said...

I think dogs have a good life. Even I wanna be one of them sometimes.