Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Three Things Tonight...

  1. Lorenzo is a band I saw at Waterstock in Des Moines a few years ago. Their CD is really good - recently spent some time getting reacquainted with it. The lead singer was also in a band called Echo Park and I spent some time with that band as well. I like Lorenzo better. If Lorenzo was a natural progression of Echo Park, then whatever Lorenzo becomes will be sensational.
  2. I stumbled upon Angry Metal Guy and while he thinks the f-bomb is a necessity in his writing in the same vein that Eddie Murphy did during the "Delirious" concert, I still found his opinions to be interesting. I also find it interesting that a lot of the bands written about are ones I've never heard of. I considered myself 'with it' as far as bands go, but this 'angry metal guy' made me feel like I hadn't listened to metal for as long as I have.
  3. Finally, came across a website where you can download entire albums of heavy metal bands at Free Metal Albums. I downloaded ArtCell - Aniket Prantor (No Man's Land) and wow... it's sung in a language called Bangla. I have no idea what they're singing about. The first couple of tracks didn't trip my trigger, but I resolve to spend more time with them as I sit at my PC in the den.

In other news, work is going good. I feel more at home, which is refreshing. Things are turning into a reasonable pattern. On top of that, I am doing contract work for my previous employer so I am quite busy. It is only going to get busier as next week Alex's final basketball season begins. I hope we do well in our final session.

No comments: