Monday, January 30, 2012

Briefly, a Status Update

There are higher priorities than recording my thoughts and feelings on this blog. Perhaps Feb will be kinder to my schedule.

In the meantime, I continue to work on the CD to MP3 project. I ordered a Cassette to USB converter and that should probably arrive early this week. Then I will begin the process of converting my 1000 cassettes. When I say 1000 cassettes, it's 1000 albums on less than 1000 physical cassettes. I have multiple 90 minute cassettes where the first side is one album and the second side is another album. If you documented all of them into an Excel file, you'd have 1000 lines where the media is marked as "Tape." There are a lot of tapes of band rehearsals, answering machine messages from college, and mix tapes of ballads, heavy metal, and a weird series I started called "Mixture Posture," which I still like as a name of something. I don't remember where I was when I decided to use that prhase. It's a better title for my blog than anything else. Maybe I'll rename it.

Anyways, here is a snippet of the status for my CD to MP3 conversion:



No comments: