Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rising Up

On Monday, September 22, 2014, I began a new era at work: I began standing at my desk. A co-worker raised my desk for me when I was at Megan's UNI visit on Friday, September 19 so that when I came in on that Monday, I could start the day standing. On Friday, October 17, I will have successfully stood at my desk for 4 weeks. I did this because the daily ritual of going for a walk at 10 and 2 have become something of the past. I still think about going for daily walks, but I find it much easier to simply work than to walk away from my desk for 10 minutes, twice a day. As I write that, it sounds awful that I would not simply go. I decided to have my desk raised because I know that I am unlikely to walk during the day.That said, I have sat during conference calls and during impromptu meeting with my co-workers. When I am typing, though, I stand. All of this leads to what I really wanted to write about in this post. My employer is having an online auction where the money bid goes to charity. I am bidding on the chair in the picture below so that, if I wanted to, I would have the option to sit while I type. I currently have the high bid at $8.00 and the auction ends on Monday, October 20, 2015. Either I win and have the option to sit or I lose and the amount the winner pays helps a charity.


No comments: