Sunday, May 3, 2015

Moonlighting

From the Craigslist New Jersey site comes this ad:

Will transfer your CD collection to digital backup (Somerset County)

I will move all your CD's to digital format.
This is considered a "backup".
You need to tell me how many CDs you have and I can give you a quote.
All media removed from the CD will be in the best quality possible.
I don't take shortcuts and I pride myself in the work I do.

VERY AFFORDABLE RATES!!!!
I'M THE CHEAPEST PLACE YOU'LL FIND!!!

If you have any questions, please call, email or text me. I will get back to you within an hour.


And from the opposite coast (San Francisco), comes this ad:

Professional CD ripping service (walnut creek)

Professional CD ripping services that include:
*Ripping your purchased CD collection to high quality lossless ALAC or FLAC file formats
*Editing of CD's ID Tag information (Artist, Genre, Cover Art, etc.)
*Backup to portable hard drive, blu ray media, or Cloud storage
*I also handle large difficult to rip and edit Classical music CD collections
*File format conversions from ALAC or FLAC to formats such as MP3 are also available

Your CD collection is typically ripped (for your personal use) to a network attached storage drive (NAS) which lives on your home network and can be accessed by any network connected computer or media players such as Sonos, Smart Blu Ray players/TV, etc.

If you are interested in my services please reply with the number of CD's to be ripped and contact information. I will contact you to discuss costs and options. I look forward to hearing from you.

AV Setup Help also offers the following services at reasonable rates:
*Audio video system design, setup, and remote control programming (URC)
*Wireless & wired network and NAS drive setup
*High performance streaming/NAS based house audio distribution systems.

I would absolutely love to set up a side business like this - ripping CDs for other people. It would be so much fun because, yep, that's right, it's a conversion. I'd even do photographs, cassettes, and vinyl! I'm not sure I'd want to get into VHS to digital because that would be a lot of babysitting the conversion process.

Unfortunately, with all that is going on in life right now, I don't feel I have the bandwidth to add another thing. Karen and I spread 25 bags of mulch around the house yesterday and estimate that we need another 5 to finish the task. I knew a year ago that May 2015 was going to be crazy and, now that it's here, I was right in my suspicions. Here's the high level schedule for just the weekends leading up to the 4th of July:

Saturday, May 9
In the morning, Matthew & I are installing the replacement lights for our front porch and garage.
In the evening, it’s Megan’s senior prom.
Sunday, May 10
Mother’s Day
Saturday, May 16
A little fuzzy, but sometime this weekend are some graduation parties.
Sunday, May 17
A little fuzzy, but sometime this weekend are some graduation parties.
Saturday, May 23
Megan graduates from high school!
Sunday, May 24
A little fuzzy
Monday, May 25
Memorial Day – Swizzile Trip’s guitarist is doing a set at the Mill @ 9:30 PM
Saturday, May 30
Megan’s graduation party
Sunday, May 31
A little fuzzy, but I’m guessing graduation parties
June 6 or 7
Going to Zhwingle to get our camper out of storage and take it to Elkader
June 10 (a Wednesday)
Head to Elkader for the Sigwarth campout
June 13
Tentatively, Blue Scratch gig in Marion
June 20 / 21
Father’s Day weekend
June 25 / 26 (Thursday / Friday)
Megan’s UNI Orientation
June 27 (Saturday)
Mark’s band’s gig @ Sturgis Falls in Cedar Falls;
Tentatively, Alex’s drumline camp
June 28
Tentatively, Alex’s drumline camp

And the following weekend is the 4th of July!

No comments: