Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Fall of the House of Duggar

Routinely, my wife and I watch "19 Kids & Counting" together. We often comment about how chaotic the house seems - not because there are no rules enforced in the house, but because there are 19 kids running around. The sheer number of people that need clothes to wear, food to eat, and an education is intimidating. A few days ago, the sins of the past were reported in the media. Josh Duggar, the oldest child, had molested children when he was younger. Josh Duggar is now married, living in Washington D.C., and, until this past mistake was reported, a lobbyist for a conservative group called the Family Resource. After this news, Josh resigned from his position - yeah, good luck finding another job - and TLC removed "19 Kids and Counting" from their schedule. Reading this article, I paused for a moment when I read this summary of what has happened and what the reaction to it is: "Whenever something awful happens and Christians do what Christians are commanded to do: forgive, the left simply draws a blank."

Made me pause and think about "what Christians are commanded to do" and whether I am heeding that command (to forgive) in my day-to-day life.

No comments: