Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Could it Be a Hoax?

With all the hype about Andrew Lincoln leaving "The Walking Dead" and all the articles - like this on https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/30/the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-rick-departure - which bemoan the series even existing if Lincoln departs, I have to consider if this whole thing is a hoax. Seriously, what if all of this talk about him leaving is not true and if, in reality, Andrew Lincoln has signed on for another 5 seasons? I may be too hopeful, but rebellions are built on hope. With enough of a fan rebellion, maybe Andrew Lincoln never leaves.

And, frankly, if he does, I'm certain there will be a way to continue the story. Characters come and go all the time in TV. Perhaps Rick will not be killed off - maybe he will be thought to be dead and not seen for a few episodes - maybe even a season - and then come back. I read one article that said Andrew Lincoln would be a huge action movie star, if he left the show, but I don't buy it. I hope he doesn't think he can automatically transition into movies. If I were him, I'd get into a film, like the actress that plays Michone did when she appeared in "Black Panther", and see what it is like. I would hate for him to shut the door on "The Walking Dead" and then never become a reputable action movie star.

No comments: