Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Fortunately, Not Me!

Yesterday, at work, it was announced that there had been layoffs in our department. I admit I worked with a bit of PTSD creeping into my mind, considering that it was 861 days (2 years, 4 months, 1 week, 3 days) ago when I was laid off at Pearson. Damn, that was an awful Tuesday morning in January 2016, as I sit here and shudder.

The past, though, is the past. Today is my 799th day (2 years, 2 months, 1 week, 1 day) of working here. I have a meeting in a little less than 1 hour about Knowledge Management. It is going to be discussing whether we can link RoboHelp output (HTML5) to Cherwell. I am so blessed to work here!

In related news, for a few months now, I have read the writings of Nick Corcodilos and with that in mind, I liked this article: Glassdoor Salary Data: Worse than useless

No comments: