Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Sometimes It's a Little Thing that Has a BIG Impact

I'm certain that I've mentioned the type of student I was during my academic career on this blog.

I think of myself as having been a crappy student. Sure, for my Language Arts classes when writing was a focus, I was a really good student, but to pass my math classes, I had a tutor from 7th grade through my junior year of high school and for my other non-math classes (history and science), I was a C+ / B- kind of student. I was the type of student who would say to someone sitting next to me that I had done bad on a test or quiz and, when it would be handed back to me, my grade would be a low C, a D or a F whereas if that person were to say "I did bad on a test or quiz," when it would be handed back to them, their grade would be a low A or high B. I sucked at taking tests and, to this day, that self-awareness is why I didn't take a certification test for ITIL - I felt like I would do poorly and, honestly, I didn't want to revisit my academic career.
That's why this screenshot is a very good thing for me today. In fact, it is the source of me feeling like I can do anything. For a change, I actually did well on a quiz. You see, I need to take a course for an annual certification and score 80% or better on the quiz within the course. I did that a couple of hours ago and was pleasantly surprised when I only missed 1 on the quiz! Look out world - the Beast has been released!!

No comments: