Monday, March 14, 2022

Essay about Papa Het

I read this essay online and thought it was well-written.
When James left the group in ‘19 to return to rehab, it was a tough time to be a Metallica fan. Our leader, broken again. I remember thinking at the time, I wonder if Metallica is through. Have we seen our last show, heard our last bit of new music. James looked ill. At the concert in Milan, during a downpour, James joked that he was finally getting a shower. I took it to mean he was spiraling into addiction so much he’d given up showering. His face and nose were bloated and his overall physical condition looked bad. So, knowing that James is back and the fans WILL get to see these legendary musicians play again…. We’ll, suffice to say, it’s very special. I’ll be there in Pittsburgh in August when they come back to town and I can’t wait. I’m just grateful to have Metallica still playing. So many great bands are gone: Van Halen, Rush, Black Sabbath, The Beatles. But for young fans and old, Metallica is still here and just as powerful as in days of old. Maybe more so because we know how difficult it is for James to persevere. There’s negativity in this group. Some “fans” disparage certain albums or eras of the band. To those folks, I simply say: be grateful, be positive, be respectful of these great musicians - Geniuses, really. Time is fleeting and one day Metallica will be gone, too. Until then, absorb as much of the music and go to as many shows as you can. Genius like Metallica may not pass our way again. ✌️🤘🏼peace and rock on! ❤️ to Metallica.

No comments: