Thursday, March 31, 2022

Watched MK and...

I'm thinking about TV shows like Lost or movies like any in the MCU and how these TV shows or movies that make you pay attention to what you are seeing. When I watch that type of show, I expect to be given clues to help make me, as the viewer, understand what I am seeing. If a TV show or movie doesn't do that for me, then I am less likely to enjoy the experience.

Case in point, the new Disney+ series "Moon Knight" which was released yesterday and so, like a good MCU fanboy <grin>, I watched the first episode last night. First of all, I am tired of "heroes" being odd people. Steven, the main character, is a bumbling man who allows his manager to berate him. He also attaches a harness to his leg so that he doesn't leave his bed in the middle of the night.

However, I would like to have more information about who is talking to Steven about what is happening to him as I don't know if I can trust him. Steven does and, in one funny incident, asks Steven,  "Did you just throw a gun?" 

I will say that I will watch the next episode, which is definitely different from my reaction to WandaVision. For WV, I never returned to the series, even after hearing from friends that you have to get through the early episodes to get to the meat of the series. Maybe I'll return to WV prior to the Doctor Strange movie that is coming out in May  - I know Wanda is going to be in that movie. 

No comments: