Tuesday, November 1, 2022

60 Days of Drumming

So, yes, the first Bad Rumor gig was on Friday, 10-28, at Checkers in Cedar Rapids, IA. Since I didn't write any posts on this blog over the weekend or yesterday, I feel like I ought to share my thoughts.

  1. I used my secondary cell phone to record "drummer cam" videos during the first set. In the second and third sets, I used my primary cell phone to record "non-drummer cam" videos.
  2. We played "Wipeout" three times.
  3. We played "Ain't No Sunshine" twice, once in the first set and once in the third set. It's my second favorite tune on the setlist.

I have added a YouTube playlist as well as pictures from the gig on my drumming videos page in a section called "2022-10-28 Checkers Gig.

I walked out of the gig with the realization that I need to practice drums each of the 60 days between October 30, 2022, and the day before our next gig on December 29, 2022. I played drums at 11 AM Mass on Sunday, October 30, 2022. I didn't have the opportunity to play drums yesterday (Halloween) so I got up this morning and played along to a video on YouTube.



No comments: