Friday, November 11, 2022

Fast Forwarding 1099 Days

I know I post a lot of "back in the day" videos from the WWE and WCW. Most of the time, I do so with no memory of those events happening, though I am fairly confident I would move heaven and earth and my kids in order to watch pro wrestling on Monday nights with Debbie when Karen and I lived on Prospect Court. However, this clip, from when Shane McMahon bought WCW from under Vince McMahon's nose is a scene I definitely specifically remember. I was always as interested in WCW as I was interested in WWE whereas Debbie was more firmly rooted in WWE and, actually, back then it was "WWF" but you get my drift. The two companies were definitely competitors and were definitely trying to win the ratings every week. As yesterday's Reliving the War video, which I embedded below the Shane buys WCW video, by 3-23-1998, the war was on. In context, there was a lot going on:
  • I had been on earth for 10336 days (28 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 5 days) and for the last 40 days (1 month, 1 week, 5 days), working at my new job - Jordan Systems in Cedar Rapids
  • Megan was 586 days (1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 2 days) on 3-28-1998
  • Karen was pregnant and it would be 213 days (6 months, 4 weeks, 1 day) until Alex would be born on 10-22-98

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invasion_(professional_wrestling), the Monday Night Wars came to an end on March 23, 2001, when the WWF bought the rights to WCW's video library, trademarks, 24 contracts for selected wrestlers, championships, and other properties for what was considered to be a lower bargain price. 

This episode happened on March 26th, 2001:


https://youtu.be/ 8WbZaT8qSw4

In the Reliving the War series, we are only up to 3-23-1998, which is 1099 days (3 years, 3 days) prior to the above video.

No comments: