Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cassette to MP3 Conversion Status

This project continues but with a significant less amount of focus. After all, it is camping season and we are spending 26 more nights in Elkader between now and Labor Day. That doesn't leave a lot of time to be doing the conversion. That said, when appropriate, I have brought some cassettes up to the camper and will kick them off. It's kind of easy to start one and return 90 minutes later. It's not something that is impossible to do. This is my current status:

42931 File(s)
I converted College Tape #16 the other night. It included a phone message from my grandma as well as a radio interview with the Cedar Rapids Gazette and my brother who, at the time, had just won the Prybll-Rotary golf tournament. Also, it included a recording of Steve Nall on guitar, Andy George on vocals, Roy Grimm in the background and me on drums in Steve's garage on the day we graduated from high school (I think) playing the Beastie Boys' "Fight for Your Right to Party" and rocking out. There's a sweet thrashy metal thing towards the end with tambourine and cowbell.

No comments: