Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation

We are planning a trip out of town so I will not be updating this blog for a bit. Not a big trip, but I will probably not have Internet access for most of it. When we are back, I will write about where we went. I've been to where we are going, but not since my sophomore year of high school when our high school band went to this city for our spring trip. I remember that two of my fellow band members got caught smoking in the stairway of the hotel. I don't remember what songs our band played. I don't remember who I roomed with. I don't remember the bus ride down. I don't even remember what the weather was like on our trip, like if it rained or not. I just remember Craig B. and Dave O. getting caught by Mr. B in the stairway of the fire escape. How odd to only remember that. I vaguely remember eating at a McDonald's near where we were.

My parents took my brother and I on a trip to this city. I remember going to a professional baseball game in this city and there was a guy walking to each car and saying his team's name and saying "Number ONE!" The car in front of us had what I must guess was someone older because he was intimidated and didn't look at the fan. My assumption, from this memory, is that the home team won. I really do not remember.

I find that really strange. I find the fact that I remember some events in my life with crystal clarity. I remember going to the Metallica concert in 1989, not because the music was great but because I gave a ride home to Scott Golden who lived in Marion. He ended up being the vocalist in my first basement band, though I never heard him sing. Some events are like that. I think that writing music reviews for dailyvault.com has helped me remember bands and songs. Otherwise, I do not think I would remember.

Anyways, we are going on vacation.

No comments: