Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Month Begins and... More Walking

The weekend is almost over. My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and two nephews are en route back to Cedar Falls. Mark and I beat the women in euchre. Heading into the Sigwarth campout Thursday -Sunday with a little confidence.

Other than that, converting College Tape #2 from 1989-1990 and there are a lot of good memories. There are a lot of smiles on my face and, unfortunately, a lot of things I do not remember. It makes me feel old. Now playing is Metallica's "Fight Fire with Fire" which I kind of remember discovering in this time of my life. I remember it as being ultra heavy and not being able to play air drums to it.

Speaking of drums, Mark brought his guitar down and we jammed Saturday night. There are a couple of videos floating around but time will only tell if they get uploaded to this blog or not. It was kind of a drum-filled weekend. I played drums @ STM for 5:15 Mass, then played with Mark, then played drums @ STM for 11 AM Mass. Now there is no playing drums @ STM until... after Labor Day as we will be camping pretty much non-stop until then.

So, yes, we pull up to Elkader on Thursday for the Sigwarth campout. I am looking forward to the start of camping in a reserved sort of way. I am not all that excited to pull the camper up, but I am content, to an extent, that this is what we do in the summer - we spend the majority of our weekend in Elkader.

Elkader, for its part, is not a bad place. I could see living there at some point in life if I was going to work from home. I do not really see the job opportunities bursting at the seams in Elkader so I'm not sure, exactly, what living there would be like. It's a nice community. There is a restaurant that has a pool table that Alex and I like going to. The golf course is okay. The breeze is awesome. I also like walking around the town with my trusty pedometer.

Speaking of pedometers, I did a massive amount of steps on Saturday - 18000 - and only 5950 today. I had somewhere around 8000 on Friday. I think. I don't have the sheet of paper in front of me.

The worst part of camping is that I will not be able to spend a lot of time on the cassette to MP3 conversion or even the CD to MP3 conversion. I am not bringing spindles up to Elkader. I use Windows Media Player and it uses an Internet connection to find album information. No Internet connection in Elkader @ our camper, which is kind of okay.

Thus, I am pretty much putting the project on hold until after Labor Day, maybe a full 4 month pause with a reboot of the project beginning on October 1, 2012. Maybe. I'll have to see what my days at home during the summer bring.

Tomorrow is the kids have lessons and then I am doing a driver simulator project from 7-9. Tuesday is a baseball game. Wednesday is packing the camper/truck to head to Elkader. Then Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, is the Sigwarth campout. Monday is lessons again, not sure about Tuesday, but WEDNESDAY is BAYSIDE!!! Woo-hoo!!

All of this is without my calendar in front of me so it is subject to the "real" schedule.

Maybe life will slow down someday, but that someday is not any time soon. In fact, things are just starting to ramp up to lightspeed! I will do my best to keep this blog updated.

No comments: